Monday, January 17, 2011

Self Discipline and Self Control..

God you are so good to me. God you have given me the discipline of UNDERSTANDING this month and I thank you for that.  Because your word says, before you get anything make sure you get an understanding.(paraphrase). I am starting to understand why most of the things...good and bad has happened to me.  You are really trying to protect ME from ME.  I can self destruct on my own...without any help from the enemy or anyone else for that matter.  I know the difference between right and wrong.  I just chose to do wrong.  I am a big girl now and I have to make big girl decisions.  The thing is.... big girl decisions make the little girl in me scared, angry, pout, wine, kick and scream.  I have to grow up and show God that I can eat meat and I am no longer needing the bottle of milk.  He is preparing me for some things that my dreams cant even imagine.  God wants to do some big things in my life if I can just control that LITTLE GIRL inside of me.  The little girl is the FLESH.  When I can get that under control, the world is mine.  There is nothing that can stand in my way.  No person, place, or thing.  You know why because ...if GOD be for you, he is more than the WORLD against you.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing...the world so desperately needs more inspiration and uplifting these days, more than ever (among other things); this post gives exactly that.

    Reminds me of Matthew 26:41: "The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." So it's an on-going battle; sometimes we win, while at other times we lose. But everything is temporary, and all we can do is our best...and our best changes every day. Thank God for His compassion and understanding, huh?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right Joe! You nailed it. I am so glad that everything is temporary. Trouble as well as good times because good times make us a little (Full) of ourselves. God knows what we need and what we dont...and Im glad he does...cause I dont. :-))

    ReplyDelete

The New Hair Cut!

The New Hair Cut!
Executive Director of F.A.C.E.S

Style Architect

Style Architect
Unique Image

Followers

Blog Archive