Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sitting At The Dock Of The Bay...

....watching the time roll away.....wasting time.  That is my dad's favorite song.  I love to hear it too.  When I was younger I would sing the song really not listening to the lyrics. But now since I'm older, I understand why he likes it. Nothing remains the same.  You cant do what everybody tells you to do.  You cant do what everybody wants you to do.  You have to be true to yourself.  At the end of the day, did you work on your purpose? Did you bless someone today? Did you share God's word in some form or fashion.  These are the questions that I now ask myself at the end of the day.  So, I'm just sitting at the dock of the bay...watching the time roll away....but I refuse to waste time.  Sorry Otis Redding, I have to change a little bit of the song.  Be true to yourself and bless others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The New Hair Cut!

The New Hair Cut!
Executive Director of F.A.C.E.S

Style Architect

Style Architect
Unique Image

Followers

Blog Archive