Saturday, June 19, 2010

Keeping My Eye On the Prize....

Keeping my eye on the prize is sometimes hard to do or should I say easy to forget.  I just had a moment this week that made my freak out.  My little one ended up getting a bad cough and a fever from playing in the pool last weekend. Now, that sounds simple enough right? Well, I went into panic mode.  I thought about my health and what I couldn't let happen to me and I started buying all kinds of medicine for him.  I started making phone calls to family and friends to try and keep him for me.  Then suddenly I just said to myself, I have to take him to the hospital.  So, here we both are in the hospital with our masks on and sitting in the waiting room.  The doctor finally called us to the back.  He checked my son and then he looked at me and asked why was I wearing a mask?  I told him my situation and he said...Oh, that is nothing you need to worry about.  He is fine.  Just give him this medicine twice a day for the cough and these antibiotics if you like for any infections.  Then he told me in a quiet Doctor voice.....a fever isn't serious enough for what you have been through....if your son had chicken pox then I would worry.  After he said that, I said to myself, God did not carry me this far to let me go....I KNOW SO!!!  KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE PRIZE MONALISA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The New Hair Cut!

The New Hair Cut!
Executive Director of F.A.C.E.S

Style Architect

Style Architect
Unique Image

Followers

Blog Archive