Thursday, January 28, 2010

"I Told The Storm"

Hey Bloggers...these past two weeks I have been in a holding pattern. The hospital gave me my last kemo theropy treatment the Sunday before last and the past two weeks was just watching and waiting to see how my body responds. Well, the first week I was like alright this kemo thing is not going to be so bad. I am thinking that there will be a drop in my numbers and by numbers I mean blood counts. But people when I tell you the second week was something else. I live in Austin Texas right now and Austin is known for Cedar Fever which is bad allergies. Now mind you I have allergies but they were never that serious. Well, the doctors informed me that when my counts are low the common cold is magnified. So when regular people are blowing their noses, I would blow my nose and my nose would bleed. My bones and joints ached like the flu. Now I am started to get the side effects of hair loss. Now this has always been in the back of my head. I was always trying to prepare myself for that but ladies and gentlemen my scalp felt like someone put my head in a bucket of clorox or set my head on fire. My skin that is around my forehead is sensitive to the touch. The skin around my ears and sensitive. I dont even want to touch more or less comb my hair. Man, I just started to pray. I told the nurse when she came in was that part of the signs of the hair loss, she told me yes. I said to myself, I wish someone could just come rub my scalp with some blue Magic...crisco...something. Low and behold God sent an Angel. A girlfriend of mine that started her own hair line and skin products. Needless to say she gave my scalp a good greezn and I was Good. Thanks Sharon, I will never forget you for that.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you solved the issue of finding the right hair/skin products. I cannot imagine what that felt like. You are a true fighter and a great woman of faith. Thank you for starting this blog so we can send you love and support when we can't physically be there with you. God is doing a tremendous work through you and your SHAPE. Thank you for "being chosen". Blessings,
    Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment. You know when you came to see me, you set off a fire that is burning inside. A ministry that I know will bless others with their trials and tribulations. Thanks Lynette.

    ReplyDelete

The New Hair Cut!

The New Hair Cut!
Executive Director of F.A.C.E.S

Style Architect

Style Architect
Unique Image

Followers

Blog Archive