Sunday, January 31, 2010

On My Way Home.....I thought....


Well, here I was telling myself that I am actually going home after being in the hospital from January 9th - January 29th. 20 days of being poked with needles, filled with blood, plasma, platelets, antibiotics, and just plan old medicine that I cant even pronounce. What would I do first when I get home?? Would I pretend like nothing happened and flop down on the couch and see what is on TV? Or would I go to the kitchen and cook me a nice little meal. One especially made for me. Or would I go straight to the bedroom and take me a long nap? Well, while I was thinking of all these wonderful things, the doctor walked in my room and said, Mona Lisa we decided we will keep you over the weekend to make sure your numbers or blood counts are up. We are just making sure that you are fit to go home and function. Well, I was sorta disappointed but when I thought about how important my counts or numbers are...I looked at the doctor and said, No problem. So I laid back down in the hospital bed, ordered me some hospital food, turned on my plasma hospital TV and got under the warm covers. God knows what he is doing and I have learned to stay in my lane. I have learned to slow it down. I have learned to be anxious for nothing. God is in control of everything. The moment that really sinks in is the moment the weights and worries are lifted. And life gets lighter. And my love gets stronger and stronger for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The New Hair Cut!

The New Hair Cut!
Executive Director of F.A.C.E.S

Style Architect

Style Architect
Unique Image

Followers

Blog Archive